The following treatments used for COVID-19 are available only in a hospital or acute health care setting and/or by prescription, so the first step is to talk with your health care provider. To learn more, visit the What to do if you feel sick page from the NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). If you need to find a health care provider, visit Mecklenburg County Public Health (MCPH) for information. You may also call the MCPH hotline at 980-314-9400.
|Drug||Class||Method of Delivery||Indications||Patient Requirements|
|approved for treatment of mild to moderate COVID-19 infection.||unhospitalized, high-risk individuals weighing at least 7.7 pounds who have tested positive for COVID-19.|
|Paxlovid*||antiviral||orally||approved for treatment of mild to moderate COVID-19 infection.||unhospitalized, high-risk individuals age 12 and older weighing at least 88 pounds who:
|approved for treatment of mild to moderate COVID-19 infection.||unhospitalized, high-risk adults aged 18 and older who:
* If you are a prescriber, refer to the FDA's Patient Eligibility Screening Checklist for Paxlovid.
Where to Find COVID-19 Treatment
- Take advantage of a limited-time FREE telemedicine program from NC DHHS:
- If you test positive, visit StarMed.care or call 704-941-6000 (9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily) to make an appointment to talk with a provider online or over the phone.
- The provider can prescribe treatment to be sent to a pharmacy near you or delivered to your home.
- The telemedicine visit is free and the treatment is free, even if you don't have insurance.
- Visit the US DHHS Test to Treat Website to find clinics that can provide testing, diagnosis, and treatment at one location.
- Use the US DHHS COVID-19 Therapeutics Locator tool to find providers offering treatment.
- Use the MCPH locator map below to find providers offering treatment in Mecklenburg County. (If you are a provider who would like to be added to this list, please e-mail MeckCVMS@MeckNC.gov.) Some pharmacies offer FREE DELIVERY of Paxloid; they are noted in the map below.
- Call the NC DHHS COVID-19 help line at 1-800-232-0233 (TTY 888-720-7489).
Press the map menu button to view the map key and additional functionality.
Open map in new window